School house not educating students?

General discussion about the game

Post February 21st, 2014, 12:49 am

School house not educating students?

Hello,

I've only played banished for about 3 hours due to work constraints. My village is going ok, but I recently built a schoolhouse and it isn't doing a darn thing. I have a teacher assigned, and it has been built for about 1 year. There are like 15 children in the village, and it ALWAYS says 0 students. Meanwhile, the little hooligans just wander around doing nothing. When I search for the teacher, he is always in the schoolhouse. Any ideas?

I couldn't figure out how to post the image I took, as the Img button just put in HTML headers.

John

Post February 21st, 2014, 12:55 am

Re: School house not educating students?

At the age of 10, instead of becoming laborers they will begin school. They will remain in school for another 10 years give or take. In my experience so far I have seen them get out of school between age of 17 and 23. Maybe longer, maybe shorter, not sure though, haven't kept that close of watch on it.
Your village called, there idiot is missing!

Post February 21st, 2014, 1:07 am

why aren't they in school from a younger age? that seems a little crazy to have them do nothing from 0-10 besides suck up resources, especially since they could get married and move into a house at age 10 (and start popping out babies). we aren't turning them into scholars, they will just go do a job after school.

Post February 22nd, 2014, 1:16 am

That seems strange to me as well. Age 7 to 14 or 15 would make much more sense. There is no way kids in that age stayed in school so long unless they were one of the very few headed to college.

Post February 22nd, 2014, 1:40 am

Well... to be fair, people in this game do seem to age somewehere around 4 or 5 years per year? That makes the math already off by a lot.

Post February 22nd, 2014, 9:39 am

Just ran through the houses looking at students, had a 24 yr old, watched her hit the labor pool at the youthful age of 25. :(
She better put out some mad increase in production.
Your village called, there idiot is missing!

Return to Discussion